Tonight we had a BBQ with the family for MaryAnn's birthday. We had a really good time enjoying the food, family, the kids playing nicely together and especially the cool evening air UNTIL we heard a commotion on the grass. Next we see Uncle Paul carrying Dawson toward us with a blood curdling scream and the kids all yelling "HE GOT STUNG BY A BEE!" Yes it was Dawson's first bee sting. Luckily he only got stung once because he picked up part of the hive and some of it broke off. Apparently he had about 10 bees on him at once and Paul just knocked the hive out of his hands but not before 1 bee got to him. Dawson handled it like a champ. MaryAnn had a home remedy that I had never heard of. She had Aunt Karen mix a little meat tenderizer with water. She put it right on the site and it took away the sting literally within seconds, and of course Dawson was off and running within seconds as well. Nothing slows him down for long not even a little bee sting. A big THANX! to MaryAnn and Aunt Karen!
7 years ago