Monday, May 17, 2010

Mothers Day

Since Mothers Day fell on the same weekend as Ky's birthday, my Mom and Dad came up to spend the weekend with us. It was so nice to spend Mothers Day with my Mom. I am so grateful for my Mom's example to me. I look to her often for advice as well as my Mother in law. I am so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful women who are examples to not only me but my kids as well.
So one of the highlights of Mothers Day was being able to talk to Suz!!! Not only did we get to talk to Nanny but Dad made us his famous omelets!! Yummy!
Kids talking to Nanny!

The rest of Mothers Day was just a normal Sunday, with the exception of having my parents come to church with us. I love that I actually got to hear and enjoy the sacrament talks since, well since Bry's calling has him sit on the stand! The talks were great and just what I needed. I laughed and I cried.
Motherhood is so challenging and yet there is nothing I feel more blessed to be doing. Often, very often, I feel so inadequate to do the job that the Lord has entrusted me to do, especially because I do so much of it alone. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not. It's just that often when I feel like I'm failing I don't always have Bry there to help me keep or put things in perspective. What I'm realizing is that despite my weaknesses, at the end of the day my Father in Heaven loves me and has entrusted 3 of his precious children to me. It is not only because of that but because of the 3 smiles I wake up to every morning that I strive to be better. I only hope to be the Mom they deserve, the Mom that Heavenly Father sees I can be. More than anything I hope my kids know with out a doubt that I love them more than anything! Nothing makes me happier than to be their Mom!

0 comments: