Monday, August 31, 2009

Addy-practically a little lady

Addy decided a couple of years ago that she wanted to get her ears pierced when she was 8. OK by me. I have told her that she could get her ears pierced whenever she wanted, as long as she could clean them herself. Well, when she made mini company that all changed. This weekend we were up in Salt Lake with the whole family and she did it! She was so brave! I on the other hand was a little well...... freaked out (which was a totally unexpected emotion on my part). I think I was more nervous than she was. I was nervous because I wanted them to be straight, I was so worried they would be uneven. Plus it is just one more sign that my little girl is no longer my little girl but in fact practically a little lady! In the end they turned out perfect and there was not one tear shed by Addy or me!

Before......

During... I love that face! So serious

The end......She was all smiles

P.S. If I have not said it already.....I HATE MY CAMERA! I have no idea why it all of the sudden gives these crazy WRONG dates! UGH so frustrating! It should say 08/29/2009.

2 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Laughing at the random dates! She looks so cute! Brooklynn said Addy talked about it all last week and was super excited. Congrats, Miss Addy Rae Rae!

McKell Callister said...

So cute! What a brave little girl. That takes guts, but what little girl doesn't make up her mind and eventually go through with it? I'll be excited to see them on her!